Monday, February 26, 2007

To the Glory of my King

Hey everyone. God has been doing some work in my life. First, when I was in Colorado, God convicted me that I needed to surrender hockey to Him. I had been holding onto it out of fear that if I gave it to God He would take it away. Past experience aside, I was still afraid. Well, I gave it to Him and He has totally blessed me. I have the opportunity to play in a tournament I had given up on playing in, I might be able to attend a hockey “camp” at the end of the summer, I will be playing in the co-ed league when the women’s league ends, my last place team has one more opportunity to beat the first place team in the playoffs and send them to the “loser game” (we have yet to beat them in five meetings), and He has given me more enthusiasm and joy about playing than I had before and I thought it couldn’t get any better. WOW! And I have an open hand; I am going wherever God may lead.
I am doing Beth Moore’s Bible study “Breaking Free” and I am learning a lot about how to deal with certain situations my family is facing now. I have been able to have some conversations with some of my siblings and I think we are going to start praying together. We need to, and I know God will use that for His glory. I am finding a lot of parallels in “Breaking Free” with what I have learned from Eric and Leslie – I love how God ties together the things He wants me to learn in different ways.
Speaking of the Bible study, the leaders of the music group I am touring with this summer suggested I sing in front of people more as I prepare for the tour. One week before Bible study started I was asked to co-lead the worship time that was being incorporated in the morning session. God has a great sense of humor. I am totally out of my comfort zone, but God has used me to bless others.
God also allowed me to bless the girls in my small group on Valentine’s Day, and He is continuing to work out details for the retreat with Krissy. God is sooo Good!
He has been teaching me how to let myself cry in His presence: I’ve cried more in the last eight weeks than I can remember. One night He literally knocked me to my knees, bawling, with conviction about the fact that He has an awesome plan for my life even if I can’t see it right now. It was while I was listening to one of the Ludy’s CD’s and missing everyone.
That’s it in a nutshell. It may not make much sense, but it’s getting kind of long. Email me if you want more details about anything. All I can say is that GOD is AMAZING!!

For Him alone,
Brenda

No comments: