Monday, August 27, 2007

walking as disciples of Jesus

I stumbled across this passage during some quiet time this morning, and it struck me so deep. My immediate response was, "LORD, let it be thus in me!" It is my prayer this morning, that through His omnipotent grace, our precious Jesus would continue to strengthen us and enable us to walk in His Spirit, as we, His disciples, embrace the Kingdom pattern He's set before us.

"The Lord GOD has given Me the tongue of disciples, that I may know how to sustain the weary one with a word. He awakens Me morning by morning, He awakens My ear to listen as a disciple. The Lord GOD has opened My ear; and I was not disobedient nor did I turn back. I gave My back to those who strike Me, and My cheeks to those who pluck out the beard; I did not cover My face from humiliation and spitting. For the Lord GOD helps Me, therefore, I am not disgraced; therefore, I have set My face like flint, and I know I will not be ashamed." ~Isaiah 50:4-7~

LORD, give us the tongue of disciples, that we may speak Truth into the lives of those around us. Open our ears, LORD, to listen as disciples and hearts of yielded obedience to walk in Your ways. Awaken our hearts every morning to greater depths of Your heart and a deeper desire to KNOW You! Let us decrease, LORD, as You increase. Pour out our lives for the sake of Your Kingdom, and the glory of Your Name! May we gladly, willingly, accept criticism, misunderstanding, humiliation, and persecution with LOVE and JOY, knowing You have given us the privilege of sharing in Your sufferings! We know we will not be ashamed, LORD. We cling to Your Word. Set our faces like flint toward Your Kingdom, and wholly CONSUME our lives with Your Love. We are wholly dependent on You, Jesus. We lean into Your sufficient Grace. We praise You, beautiful Savior! You alone are worthy of our lives. We surrender ourselves to You today, and join Jesus in saying, "Father, hallowed be Your Name. Your Kingdom come! Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven!" Amen.

Only by His Grace!
~Bethany~

2 comments:

Fedorajon said...

Amen!!!

mylove said...

Oh you inspired me.I just visited your blog once and i was suddenly heal by your thought.Keep up