Tuesday, March 27, 2007

God's Provision

I was so amazingly blessed today that I had to share this story with everyone. For the last few weeks the transmission on my car had been getting progressively worse, but I knew that I did not have the $1600 that it would probably cost to rebuild the transmission. Last Friday my Dad, who is a mechanic, told me that the car was no longer driveable as it was currently running. I dropped the car off on Sunday at the transmission shop that my Dad's shop does business with almost exclusively. The whole time home and all day yesterday I was praying and asking God that somehow the problem would either not be that bad or that I would be able to get a discount for the work, as has happened in the past. God did so much more than what I had imagined! I came home tonight afraid to ask my Dad the estimate for the repairs. When I asked him if it is going to cost about $1600 he said "no, they are going to do it for free." I think my jaw dropped. They did the transmission 2 1/2 years ago and though it was no longer under warranty they feel that the transmission should not have gone. As well, the owner told my dad that his shop provides them a lot of business and he really wanted to do it for free. My Dad stated that he had told them what I do for a living and how much I rely on my car and they felt that it was a really noble profession and really wanted to help me out.

I know that our Heavenly Father always takes care of His beloved children, but so often we lack the trust that He WILL supply for our needs. He delights in blessing His children! Yet, over and over again I try to put Him in a box, not believing that He cares about my EVERY need! Over and over again my King has demonstrated His power to me, but I am a very broken human being who does not seem to learned her lessons well. I'll finish this off with a few verses that express what is my heart's cry right now.

PSALM 150
Let All Things Praise the Lord
Praise the Lord!
Praise God in His sanctuary;
Praise Him in His mighty firmament!
2 Praise Him for His mighty acts;
Praise Him according to His excellent greatness!
3 Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet;
Praise Him with the lute and harp!
4 Praise Him with the timbrel and dance;
Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes!
5 Praise Him with loud cymbals;
Praise Him with clashing cymbals!
6 Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord!

1 comment:

lilyamongthorns said...

Abby, that's amazing! Praise the Lord!! I so love to hear what God is doing in your life. Be continually blessed as you live for Him.
BTW, how is your brother doing?

To Him be glory,
~Brenda